Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- It is extremely important that you have a empty stomach before surgery. DO NOT EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT BEFORE SURGERY.
- On the day of surgery, a responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following sedation or general anesthesia.
- There should be someone who will be home with you the day of surgery. They will need to help you with ice packs, medications, meals, etc. so you can rest.
- On the day of surgery, wear comfortable clothes with short sleeves, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Rayner prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- You may been given a pre-op medication to take ONE HOUR prior to your appointment, it should be taken with ONLY a sip of water.
- You must be checked in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled surgery start time or you may be rescheduled.